Weather Station Software Configuration
Before your weather station data can be used by the Scottish Weather Network (SCWN), you must configure your chosen weather station software to upload data in a format our server can read. Currently we can process data from WeatherLink, Weather Display, Virtual Weather Station, WUHU and Cumulus. Please see the appropriate section below on how to configure your software. Once you have completed these steps, please let us know so we can add you to the network. If you run into problems, feel free to contact us.
- Save the file WL_stickertags.txt to your WeatherLink template directory - usually c:\program files\weatherlink\[stationname]\templates.
- In WeatherLink, Click on setup, Internet Settings dialog.
- For the configuration you're using to FTP Weatherlink html file(s), press the Configure button.
In the Data Upload Profile, press Select Template Files, then use ADD button to select the WL_stickertags.txt file, and press Open.
- The WL_stickertags.htx file should now appear in the Weather Template Files for Data Upload dialog. Press OK., and press OK on the Data Upload Profile, then OK on the Internet Settings dialog.
- The WL_stickertags.htx file will be uploaded at your next update cycle with a filetype as specified in the Data Upload Profile.
- Please set the upload for the data page to every 5 minutes.
You should be able to see your file in action at www.yourweatherwebsite.com/WL_stickertags.htm
If you are doing real-time update using clientraw.txt (such as for Weather-Display Live) or one of the AJAX templates, no additional configuration is required. Simply let us know you want to be part of the network and we will take it from there.
Your clientraw.txt should be uploaded every 5 minutes or less.
For further information on how to initially set up the clientraw.txt file in Weather Display, please refer to this FAQ on the Weather Watch Forum.
You should be able to see your file in action at www.yourweatherwebsite.com/clientraw.txt
- Save the file VWS_stickertags.txt to your VWS templates folder (c:\vws\templates is the default).
- In VWS, pull down the Internet tab, and click on "HTML Settings".
- In a empty location on the left (Templates) side of the HTML Settings menu, enter c:\vws\template\VWS_stickertags.txt, editing this as necessary for drive and folder.
- On the right (HTML filename) side of the menu, on the same line, enter the file location that you use for your other .txt or .htx files, followed by \VWS_stickertags.htm.
- Click the On* box to put a check mark in it.
- Now in VWS, pull down the Internet menu and click on FTP Upload File (Send) and in an empty row on the LEFT put the same contents as you'd done in the Right side of the HTML Settings dialog. (e.g. "c:\vws\root\VWS_stickertags.htm").
- On the Right side, put "[directory]/VWS_stickertags.htm" where [directory] is the same directory you use for the rest of your website. It would be '/VWS_stickertags.htm' if you're uploading to the document root of your website.
At the bottom of the window, set the update time to 5 minutes. Click Update and Upload Files to Internet.
You should be able to see your file in action at www.yourweatherwebsite.com/VWS_stickertags.htm
- Save the file WUHU_stickertags.txt to folder of your choice.
- Expand WUHU and click the Alerts/Actions-button. A new window will appear.
- In Main Action/Alert, select Enable Actions and Repetitions and set the value for Selections to 1.
- In WUHU Operation Alarms/Actions, select On Weather Update. If you want to update the file ie. every 2 minutes, select also On Update Seconds and set the value to 120.
- Click on Sound/Action-button (below Weather Update). A new window will appear.
- Write the next string in Action on Activation:
X: is the partition-letter. The above string is an example, configure to match your own computer.
- Confirm by clicking OK
- Save the changes with Save Changes
- Simply join and we will take it from there.
You should be able to see your file in action at www.yourweatherwebsite.com/WU_stickertags.txt
If you are doing real-time update using realtime.txt, then no additional configuration is required.
Simply let us know you want to be part of the network and we will take it from there.
Your realtime.txt should be uploaded every 5 minutes or less.
You should be able to see your file in action at www.yourweatherwebsite.com/realtime.txt
- Save the file MB_stickertags-template.txt to the file of your choice and set file permissions to 666.
- Create a blank file called MB_stickertags.txt and save to your server with
file permissions set to 604.
- Open the Meteobridge Pro and select the Services tab, then create an FTP and
select a periodical upload.
- Enter your site details & update frequency and press SAVE.
- Please set the upload frequency to every 5 minutes.
- Press TEST.
- MeteoBridge now reports Pressure Trend information, providing you downloaded
the template after 14th February 2019.
You should be able to see your file in action at www.yourweatherwebsite.com/MB_stickertags.txt
- In the WeatherCat distribution, go to /Web Templates/SCWN and look for WL_stickertags.txt
- If you can't find it then it can be downloaded from here: WL_stickertags.txt
- Add WL_stickertags.txt to your normal custom web run or add it as an additional file, if you want it processed at a different rate to the normal custom web run
- Please make sure to upload at least once every 5 minutes or your station may show as "Offline"
You should be able to see your file in action at www.yourweatherwebsite.com/WL_stickertags.htx